Developed by the Brainstorm Force company, Astra theme has gained huge popularity amongst the WordPress website owners. A beautiful and responsive theme, you can use Astra to create blogs, e-commerce sites, portfolios and much more.
With over 800,000+ active users across the globe, it easily supports all the popular wordpress page builder plugins and helps you to customise your website as per your choice.
Also, it provides you with a plethora of pre-built templates and provides you with the ability to import several website designs. In other words, it allows you to give the perfect design to your website.
Furthermore, you can also create an Astra Child theme for more convenience. How can you do that? Let’s find out!
What is WordPress Child Theme?
WordPress child themes are relatively a cool feature that makes your life as a website owner much easier. It is called a child theme because it allows you to import the functionalities from the parent theme or another WordPress theme as developers like to call it.
Child themes are especially useful when you need to make changes or customise your WordPress theme without having to lose the ability to procure theme updates.
A child theme inherits all the features and coding of the parent theme along with all its functionalities. So, you can make any customization you want without changing anything in the parent theme.
Why do you require a WordPress Child Theme?
A child theme is highly advantageous, especially for developers and website owners. It reduces the time required for developing a website drastically.
If you are using a high performing parent theme then you can easily create an efficient WordPress website in absolutely no time.
It is well known that every efficient parent theme provides you with a multitude of customization options as well as features. As a result, you will never have to write a single code to create a website with a child theme.
Above all, a child theme can also be helpful to customise your existing theme without losing the ability to avail theme updates.
How to create an Astra Child theme?
Creating a child theme in Astra is very easy. You can easily do it by making a few simple clicks. How will you do it? Let’s have a look.
- You can easily find an Astra Child theme generator tool in Astra’s website.
- Once you find the generator tool, assign a name to your child theme.
- If you want to further customise your child theme, you can do so by clicking on the Advanced options. In order to customise, you might require to input some basic information.
- After you have completed these steps, a screenshot will appear on the dashboard of your WordPress website. Set the resolution of the image to 1200×900 pixels and upload it.
- Once you complete the above steps, just click on the generate button to download a zip file of your child theme.
- You can then easily install the child theme to your website in the same way you install themes in your website.
Astra Child Theme Generator Tool
Child themes are important. They make you much more efficient and reduces the time required for developing or designing a website. Astra being one of the best parent themes provides you with endless features and a stable framework. So, create your Astra child theme and bring efficiency to your website.